Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP1

2010-09-27 06:13:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP1
From: kel AT STERIA DOT DK
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:12:36 +0200
So I have installed the 7.61 release :) I was really looking forward to
playing around with my target sessions, to distrbute load.
but with the console upgrade my Device view wont show... How annoying is
that !

So guess I have to find an older NMC somewhere and run it from there..

With regards to the Data Domain integration, I think EMC have gone to
greedy on it..

We have 2 Data Domain system with a combined usable capacity of around
50TB, the cost for us to use these new features is around, 100.000 euros.

1 licens for each Data Domain system, and a 25.000 licens for each 10TB of
capacty.

Frankly I am stunned.... And pissed...  Ok, the these prices arent
official yet. And I guess there is a discount, but really EMC ? thats not
the way to promote your software and hardware working together.

Oh well...

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
System Konsulent