Networker

Re: [Networker] NSRIM not running properly

2010-09-16 16:28:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSRIM not running properly
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:26:50 -0400
We are using Legato Networker to backup to disk. We have volumes mounted just
as disk locations(This is all local b/c we have a 32 TB SAM/QFS file system
mounted). We then have SAM/QFS take the data that was written to the drives and
make tape copies for us. So in a sense we are getting two copies on different
tapes in one pass. This cuts down on the overhead of cloning volumes and such.
When a job completes according to the man page for NSRIM it is supposed to kick
off and get rid of any files that are marked recyclable. Not all of my volumes
are behaving this way. Just some of them. Mainly it is the windows volume and
the Linux volume. Just curious if anyone has seen strange behavior out of the
NSRIM daemon. Thanks.