Networker

Re: [Networker] DataDomain competitors

2010-09-16 12:49:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] DataDomain competitors
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:48:45 -0400
Investigate FalconStor.  We just started using their VTL with SIR (single
instance repository).  We purchased the VTL as software and put it on a server
and storage of our choice.  Dedupe is global and there is a lot of flexibility
in how to grow the storage.

Our problem with DD was that growth meant buying a big box to begin with or
upgrading to a newer, larger box.  Since we wanted global dedupe, DD did not
meet our requirements.

-Teresa

Teresa Biehler
Information and Technology Services
Rochester Institute of Technology
teresa.biehler AT rit DOT edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.