Networker

Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question

2010-09-10 12:24:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:57:03 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question, Browning, David said (at...:

Back in the 7.2 days, we simply did a plain nsrck -L7
with a date, and it would work, even though the index and data were in
an "recyc" status.

That's not true anymore.  Not sure when it changed - 7.3, 7.4, or 7.5..

It happened at 7.3, when they added separate retention times for clones.
Of course, EMC support didn't seem to understand what additional steps
were required either, as I had two separate calls open about this issue
and support fumbled around for months trying to figure out what the
problem was.   I finally had to tell them what the issue was after
I saw it mentioned in the 7.6 release notes.

I've argued with support and development that there's no reason why
current versions couldn't also behave just as 7.2 did, even with the
separation of clone retention times, but development doesn't agree,
so we're stuck with the new procedure that you've posted and that I
mentioned in the ESG earlier in this thread.

Tim
edu