Networker

Re: [Networker] Checking a client file index?

2010-09-03 03:40:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Checking a client file index?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:25:23 +0100
George Sinclair wrote:
I'd like to run a check on a client file index using nsrck.

1. Will the nsrck command work with the server stopped?

No of course not, the nsrindexd needs to be running, which means the other daemons must also be running.

2. Must the server be stopped before running it?

No, see above.

3. Does it depend on what level you're using, assuming it's less than 7?

No.

4. What's the worst case scenario if the server is not stopped?

Err, mutually assured destruction.

Even if you know there will be no save operations running against that client, I guess the server could still truncate the client's index entries which it's going to do at some point every day. Would it do that, though, if nsrck was running against that client index?

Why would it matter?