Networker

[Networker] Cloning replicated save sets from Data Domain

2010-09-01 15:53:15
Subject: [Networker] Cloning replicated save sets from Data Domain
From: TXDRmgr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 15:51:05 -0400
We have a Networker server in our data center that backups up servers at a
remote site with a storage node there.  Those backups write to AFTD on a Data
Domain DD690.  The DD690 then replicates to a DD880 in our data center. Both
devices are sized to hold 45 days of backups.

1. What is the best practce to clone those save sets from the DD880 to tape and
still allow Networker to track the cloned copies?
2. What is the correct procedure to be sure the save sets on disk will be
cleaned up in Networker when they are no longer on the Data Domain?

Thanks.