Networker

[Networker] backing up VSS SYSTEM FILESET taking a very long time

2010-08-19 11:19:01
Subject: [Networker] backing up VSS SYSTEM FILESET taking a very long time
From: mcshine <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:18:45 -0400
Thanks to Stan & Enchanter for your help.

I re-installed some test clients with the 7.5.3 client as you suggested & bingo
- happy days  :D

My next post was going to be why would a later version of the software not
support w2k8 R2 - however the answer has been provided by Stan.

I'd had a dig around prior to submitting this post & saw references to 7.5.3
client being used but didn't see it as relevant as I was using a later version
& assumed that the later revision would have accumulated patches/hotfixes
incorporated . . .

Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups !

Many thanks as always for the assistance.