Networker

[Networker] backing up VSS SYSTEM FILESET taking a very long time

2010-08-19 03:37:19
Subject: [Networker] backing up VSS SYSTEM FILESET taking a very long time
From: mcshine <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:36:25 -0400
morning all,

I am currently implementing a new NW data zone, with a number of 2008 R2
clients, an they have all had various problems.

The first was VSS failing with 'not enough storage', this was resolved by ading
a drive letter to the system reservce partition. However now I have ~ 90% of my
clients failing on the VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ saveset. I have similar sysmptoms
of a large backup size and slow throughput, but obviously the repeat failures
are my real concern.

The error I get is :
VSS BCD BOOT FILES - ERROR: Could not open dir =
\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy16\boot\
VSS BCD BOOT FILES - Error saving writer VSS BCD BOOT FILES
VSS BCD BOOT FILES - ERROR: Aborting backup of saveset VSS SYSTEM FILESET:
because of the error with writer VSS BCD BOOT FILES.
VSS BCD BOOT FILES - Error saving
7162:save: save of VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ to <HOST_NAME

I am running with 7.6 both on the clients and the NW servers.

I am starting to chase my tail on this now & not getting anywhere, does anyone
have any explanations/suggestions as to why this happens & possible resolution ?

ANY help will be much appreciated, thx in advance  :)