Networker

Re: [Networker] Future of Networker

2010-08-14 14:36:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Future of Networker
From: David Stes <stes AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:35:31 +0200
> My understanding is that Microsoft forces VSS backups upon us for Windows 2008 > systems.

My understanding is that Microsoft considers the VSS API more like a feature,
to be used to backup online system state and applications (open files) ?

But assuming you don't want 'online system state backup', and you want to use 'offline system state backup', and assuming you don't want to backup open files, and just want to make a backup of files that were for example backup files of some other application, then you can do very well without VSS ...

Anyway, the other example I gave of a 'feature' was nsrauth.

Who really needs 'nsrauth' ? What other features could be removed from NetWorker ?