Networker

Re: [Networker] Future of Networker

2010-08-13 15:29:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Future of Networker
From: John Seyller <seyller AT clemson DOT edu>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:26:43 +0000
Anu,

I work for Clemson University and we have been using Networker for more than a
decade.  About two years ago we began using Networker to write directly to a
Solaris Sam/Qfs file system which automatically writes to an on site and off
site  tape library.  This takes  care of cloning and off site copies.   Many of
our full backups create save sets that are greater than 1TB and the Sam file
system doesn't begin to move data to tape until the save set finishes writing.
 It would be helpful if we could limit the save set size at the device level to
more efficiently use the Sam file system and its archiving ability.   There is
an EMC request ( EMC Service Request 34330996) open.  Please consider including
this in the release if the request cannot be processed sooner.
Sent from BlackBerry