Networker

Re: [Networker] NMO module saves sometimes hanging after update to NW 7.5.3

2010-08-10 05:33:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMO module saves sometimes hanging after update to NW 7.5.3
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:32:04 +0000
What I've while waiting for response from EMC about what to do, is to
distribute the oracle clients to 6 groups. I was hoping to be able to isolate
what client is doing the hanging.

But after I distributed the clients so there are only 1-3 clients in each
group, we don't see this problem.

We don't have any clients with version 7.2. All the clients are 7.4.4 or 7.5.1.
So your point on having old client versions running save sets at the same time
seems to have some truth in it.

EMC is still scratching their head about this. But what they have told me, is
that 7.5.3 is supposed to be fixing some problems that related to hanging
groups. But the clients need to be version 7.5.3 also and it might be necessary
to refresh the authentication certificate by deleting the nsr peer information.

Johannes