Networker

Re: [Networker] How to erase a client from networker

2010-08-03 23:57:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to erase a client from networker
From: "Dsouza, Rovinabishek" <rovinabishek.dsouza AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:25:48 +0530
Hi,
        If you are talking about erasing the client completely from
NetWorker then logically is not possible as the clientid created in the
NetWorker database cannot be deleted. But, we can release the client
name that is bound to a particular clientid. Assume you want to recreate
a client aaa in NetWorker and want to release this client name. Then
follow the steps below :
1. Copy the clientid of present aaa.
2. Delete aaa from NetWorker (All instances).
3. create a dummy host entry eg : "1.1.1.1      dummy"
4. Create a new client in NetWorker dummy and fill in the clientid field
of this client with the old clientid(copied from aaa earlier) before u
click on "OK". This will assign clientid to dummy and release aaa.
5. Create aaa which will be created with a new clientid.

HTH
Rovin D'Souza
rovinabi AT gmail DOT com