Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade Path

2010-07-31 11:51:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade Path
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:49:49 -0500
> "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
> Based on that, what Wallac88 says makes sense, at least in the early
> part:
>
> 5.x to 6.x, and 6.x to 7.1.x or 7.2.2 (the most stable networker version
> ever).

FWIW, we went from 5.01 to 5.5.1 to 6.1 to 7.2 to 7.5.1 over the course of
several years, on Solaris (SPARC) 2.6, 8 and 9. There weren't any real
issues, at least none related to the actual software upgrade process,
although we did have other things to fix, etc. There was a relative drop
in index size from 5.5.1 to 6.1, IIRC.