Networker

[Networker] Networker + SQL backup that never start or never finish

2010-07-30 01:57:46
Subject: [Networker] Networker + SQL backup that never start or never finish
From: CCarrier <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:36:02 -0400
Hi,

I've got a strange problem since a while and noone seem to have an idea as how
to solve it.

I have two groups with 10 or more SQL clients configured in each of them.

These groups run at every 30minutes.  Once in a while, one groupe can run till
it reach 95-98% completion, but at that step, there is only one client left...
and it can stay at the top of the window for 10 hours.  The only way to have it
failed and then restart is to probe it.

As that last client never start or failed to finish the grp, it's really hard
to find anything in the logs.

--> I need to tell, that the group can sometime work for 2 weeks without
problem.

If someone saw this before, and could helm with this issue, that would be
really appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

CCarrier
San Administrator