Networker

[Networker] Networker upgrade to 7.5.2 Solaris 8 support

2010-07-07 23:01:16
Subject: [Networker] Networker upgrade to 7.5.2 Solaris 8 support
From: wallace88 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:57:30 -0400
> We are planning to upgrade our Red Hat 5.4 Networker server from version
> 7.4.4 to 7.5.2, and noticed the release notes stated that the newer versions
> no longer support Solaris 8. EMC support confirmed this, but was wondering if
> any of you are on this version or above and are still able to backup and
> restore your old Solaris Operating Systems.

I haven't heard of any compatibility issues backing up a Solaris 8 NetWorker
client.  Doesn't prove anything though.

Is Solaris 8 still supported by Oracle?  If not, then that may be one reason
why it is not listed in the NetWorker Software Compatibility list.

I don't remember offhand what Solaris version was used when compiling
NetWorker.   For kicks you can check by running:

  /usr/ccs/bin/what   /usr/sbin/nsrexecd

This will tell you, among other things, what o/s version and architecture the
binary was compiled on.  (I think)