Networker

[Networker] SQL / Exchange restores

2010-06-22 17:49:35
Subject: [Networker] SQL / Exchange restores
From: mcshine <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:23:28 -0400
I am  currently evaluating Networker for a new rollout coming up, historically
I've been using netbackup so please excuse my ignorance to the product !

I have been successfully been backing up + restoring from local & remote
machines fine. I've also just been runing SQL2005 & Exchange 2003 backups that
have completed fine & can be restored from the client using the cli or
Networker user for SQL/Exchange . . . however for the life of me I can't figure
out how to perform a restore from the Networker server/storage node to a remote
client.

I'm presuming this is possible, but all the documentation I've read say it
can't be done from the console only from Networker user for X, or the cli. The
binaries don't reside on the NW server & even after installing the module I
can't get it to work - what am I missing here ?

Any help will be appreciated before I pull out what little hair I have left
[Wink]

Many thanks