Networker

Re: [Networker] Best Method to backup 3.8T Home Folder with Networker?

2010-06-15 17:08:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Best Method to backup 3.8T Home Folder with Networker?
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:06:47 -0400
You don't have to break them into different filesystems, but it will help if
you break them into subfolders, then setup the backup with different savesets
for each folder. For example, if you wanted 8 savestreams:

Folder: ac
Folder: df
Folder: gi
Folder: jl
Folder: mo
Folder: pr
Folder: su
Folder: vw
Folder: xz

Then setup a saveset of
\ac
\df
\gi
\jl
\mn
\pr
\su
\vw
\xz

That should decrease your savetime.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139