Networker

[Networker]

2010-05-20 05:49:18
Subject: [Networker]
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 02:48:15 -0700
Hi,  i have opened the NMC and selected configuration. I was expecting to see
the Virtualization option at the bottom of the list but it is not there. I was
going to configure VMware VM backups using this option.

The networker server is Solaris 9 running networker 7.5.1
The NMC version was downgraded to 7.4.5 so that it is compatible with Data
Protections Advisor 5.1

Is the reason that i cannot see the virtualization option because the NMC is
7.4.5?
Or is the reason that i cannot see the virtualization option because the
networker server is solaris?

I have checked the compatibility guide and it states that for DPA 5.1 and 5.5
the NMC must be no higher than 7.4.
I have installed the virtual client connection license on the networker server.

I used the NMC 7.5 just yesterday on a windows server and the virtualization
option was under configuration.

THanks, Mark Wragge