Networker

[Networker] Near line volume?

2010-05-17 05:00:16
Subject: [Networker] Near line volume?
From: kurtica <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 04:56:42 -0400
Hello,

I have a question about nearline volumes.

We eject all our full tapes from library and also remove them from CAP. So the
tapes are not there physicaly. We have a script which is updating locations,
but first it finds out whether or not we have tape in a library (via -q near).
If the tape is in library, but the location differs, it prints out an error
message.

The problem is we are still getting these error messages, because  when i run
"mminfo -q near -xc, -r volume " I still have these volumes on the list even if
they are not physicaluy in the library... Our offsite storage guys confirmed,
that tapes arrived and are there. So its no way we can have them in library.

Any ideas why is this? How is it possible? And how can I convince our library
to show only the tapes that are really there? how mminfo determines whether the
tape is in library or not?