Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 trouble with restore

2010-05-12 12:44:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 trouble with restore
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:41:26 -0400
PeterPGS wrote:
Yes, and when I change it to date 1 everything looks ok and at date 2 I see
empty directories.
Maybe because the incremental backup didn't find any changes? But restore
should present all files all the time as if a full backup was made.
Or am I missing something here?

1. Is that second date an older date? Is it beyond the browse policy for the client? I've seen similar behavior on Unix when I push the browse date back beyond what's still in the client's index.

2. Try running 'mminfo' on the backup server to determine the actual time of the affected save set (down to the seconds) and then try setting the browse time on the client to that exact date and time. I think by default, NW uses the current date/time, and when you change the date to an older value, it either uses the current time or 23:59:59?

Also, obtain the 'nsavetime' value for the affected save set as:

mminfo -s server -q 'savetime>date,name=saveset,client=clientname' -r "name,totalsize(4),savetime,nsavetime"

Pick the appropriate nsavetime value from the list and then run:

nsrinfo -s server -t nsavetime client

and see if anything shows up and if so, what is reported. Does the command return an error like this????:

scanning client `client' for savetime ...blah-blah-blah ... from the backup namespace on server servername
0 objects found

If so, it's either beyond the browse time or nothing was backed up on that date/time for that saveset.

3. Are you by any chance using different time zones on the server versus the Windows client? Make sure the time zone on the Windows client for your login session (where you're actually running the recover tool) matches the time zone on the server for your login session there (or wherever the 'mminfo' command was run). Otherwise, you might be entering a time value that is too far ahead or behind.

4. Have you turned on any 'skip' directives? If so, you might need to specify an exact time, particularly if it's from an earlier time on the same day where it was previously not using a 'skip'.

George

Peter

Eric Fabulus wrote:
Hi

Did you try to change the browse date in the recovery client ?

Kind regards