Networker

[Networker] Problem with hanging backup process

2010-04-30 07:09:19
Subject: [Networker] Problem with hanging backup process
From: kurtica <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:06:59 -0400
Hello

we have a strange problem we havent seen yet. Client was backing up to a server
and backup hangs. So we stopped the group and found that no process was on
backupserver but there was still a process on client. We restarted networker on
client first and removed also networker tmp, but process was restarted after
start of networker. Then we tried to kill the process, but it restarted in a
short while.
Its a big problem, cause we cannot backup this client from backupserver (new
backup will never start, cause this old one is running).

Do you know what is the problem? the only solution we are thinking now is
reboot of the client, but this is not possible at the moment, cause owner of
this server has very important databases running on this and wont allow the
reboot until summer.

Any other methods to stop this process?