Networker

Re: [Networker] staging parralelism

2010-04-28 09:13:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] staging parralelism
From: Hirter Marcel <Marcel.Hirter AT NE DOT CH>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:12:00 +0200
Thank Ronny,
Here is  what I have:
I have 5 adv_lunx 1 to 5, and 2 tapes drives.
Staging policy 80% (high water)  -  65% (low water).
When one adv_lun reach 80% the staging to one tape drive start, when a second
adv_lun reach 80% the second drive is used, when a third adv_lun reach 80%, I
got an alert, saying "waiting for an tape or disk for Default Clone pool".
So, as the writing to tape is slower than the writing to disk, I got another
drive reaching 80%, before one of the two drive are freed.