Networker

Re: [Networker] Looking to send tapes offsite automatically by scripts..

2010-04-25 16:21:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Looking to send tapes offsite automatically by scripts..
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:20:48 +0300
  These are two scripts that I use for this same purpose.

#!/bin/sh

# Prepare pickup and return lists for DataBank and send them via email.
# Should run on Sunday before noon.

PICKUP=/usr/local/TAUSRC/Local/DataBank/pickuplist.`date +%Y%j`
mminfo -q 'pool=DataBank,%used>0,location=NEO8000,!volrecycle' -r volume>$PICKUP
SIZE=`wc -l $PICKUP | awk '{print $1}'`
( echo
echo
echo " Please pickup the following $SIZE tapes"
echo
cat $PICKUP
echo
if [ `mminfo -q 'pool=DataBank,volrecycle,location=DataBank' -r volume | wc -l`
-gt 0 ]
then
  echo ' Please return the following tapes'
echo
mminfo -ot -q 'pool=DataBank,volrecycle,location=DataBank' -r volume | head -$
SIZE
else
  echo 'There are no tapes to return.'
fi
echo
echo Thanks.

)| /usr/ucb/Mail -s 'Tel-Aviv University pickup/return list' yaron AT aristo.tau DOT ac
.il,info AT databank.co DOT il

#!/bin/sh

# Ejects the tapes mentioned in the pickup list to the magazine
# Should run on Monday morning.

#PICKUP=/usr/local/TAUSRC/Local/DataBank/pickuplist.`date +%Y%j`

cd /usr/local/TAUSRC/Local/DataBank

# Eject the tapes from the drives.
cat pickuplist.* | awk '{print "nsrjb -u " $1}' | sh
# Eject the tapes to the magazine.
cat pickuplist.* | awk '{print "nsrjb -w " $1}' | sh

# Set the location field.
cat pickuplist.* | awk '{print "mmlocate -u -n " $1 " DataBank"}' | sh

mv pickuplist.* OldPickupLists

surya wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking to make a manual thing to a automatic thru script..

We have a client for which we backup data to EDL and clone it to tape library
and we send them to offsite on a daily basis even if the tape is not full. It
is ok to send tapes offsite today, that are cloned yesterday.

I am trying to make a script for this, but i am not a expert in scripts..

Can some one help me in this..

Thanks in advance..

Surya....

|This was sent by suresh0886 AT yahoo.co DOT in via Backup Central.

-- Yaron.