Networker

Re: [Networker] Oracle GSS authentication messages???

2010-04-20 13:51:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Oracle GSS authentication messages???
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:49:37 -0400
Tomas Simik wrote:
Hi,
you can disable GSS authentication... you need only to change auth methods from "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth" to "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth"

So I would do this on both the primary backup server and the Oracle client, and then stop/restart, correct? How about the storage node server?

I assume the message(s) that we're seeing are because it's trying to use strong authentication first and failing? I did a search on the message in the listing and also on EMC's Powerlink, including the NW admin. guide, too, and I couldn't find that exact message. There were a number of references to older releases and also to situations where people are getting timeouts or actual errors. We're not seeing those problems, just the warnings. The admin guide doesn't mention warnings you might get?

George

nsradmin -p nsrexec
NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode.
nsradmin> print type:NSRLA
                        type: NSRLA;
                        name: satellite.site;
 NW instance info operations: ;
       NW instance info file: ;
          installed products: NetWorker 7.6.Build.142;
                     version: EMC NetWorker 7.6.Build.142 11/07/09;
                     servers: localhost, satellite;
                auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth";
               administrator: "isroot,host=localhost",
                              "isroot,host=satellite", root,
                              "user=root,host=localhost",
                              "user=root,host=satellite.site";
                 kernel arch: x86_64;
                    CPU type: x86_64;
                machine type: desktop;
                          OS: Linux 2.6.31.12-0.2-default;
           NetWorker version: 7.6.Build.142;
              client OS type: Linux;
                        CPUs: 2;
                     MB used: 172450;
                  IP address: 127.0.0.2, 192.168.1.101,
                              "fe80::216:eaff:fee6:fc0e%wlan0";
nsradmin> update auth methods:"0.0.0.0/0,oldauth"
                auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth";
Update? y
updated resource id 3.0.137.10.0.0.0.0.232.182.60.75.0.0.0.0.254.128(113)
nsradmin>