Networker

Re: [Networker] Hanging backup job through a firewall ... ?

2010-04-16 16:36:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Hanging backup job through a firewall ... ?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:33:49 -0500
> Stephanie Finnegan
>
> Try running the full with the retries set to zero to get more
> information about the "failure".

I did this and unfortunately it was just as reticent as before. :-)

However, we did find the answer. Not suprisingly it was from here,
although I had apparently overlooked it (a co-worker found it):

        http://tinyurl.com/y5t8fky

...to quote my co-worker:

    Although it did not specify what type of registry value to
    create, I did find that at another site - so here it is

    In the client's registry, go to

        HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

    you will have to create a REG_DWORD value called

        KeepAliveTime

    and give it a (decimal) value of 300000
    (which translates to 5 minutes (in msec)).

    Then reboot the machine for it to take effect.

After doing this, we were able to successfully backup, since the control
connection no longer timed out.

Thanks for all the suggestions.