Networker

Re: [Networker] Help -- I think I deleted indexes that were in use

2010-03-29 10:39:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Help -- I think I deleted indexes that were in use
From: Venkat Tudi <venkat.tudi AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:36:20 -0400
find out when the last full of index is done. These indexes are saved under
the backup server indexes
index:servername

do a NSRCK -L7 -t "Date and time" clientname

Date and time has to be exact.

This will bring back the indexes. Make sure the tapes are available.

-Venkat

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT uvm DOT
edu>wrote:

> Linux RHEL5 (64-bit), NetWorker 7.4sp5.2
>
> The root filesystem started alerting last night that it was getting full
> and in researching
> what was going on, I discovered a temporary directory that was only used
> when we moved from
> Solaris to Linux last May...  It was used to hold the indexes for our two
> largest systems
> (because we ran out of space on the old Solaris system and split up the
> indexes to get us
> through until we replaced the server)...
>
> Anyway... as I *know* I updated networker to not use those paths anymore
> back in May, I deleted
> the data.  This morning, I see emails from the NetWorker server (starting
> AFTER I deleted the
> directory tree) that state the filesystem holding the index for these two
> systems  is getting
> full.  Investigating, I find that sure enough, NetWorker has decided that
> the indexes for these
> two systems were in that directory tree.
>
> I've updated networker to to tell it that the indexes do NOT live in that
> tree!  Now, I'm
> wondering what do I need to do to recover the data that I deleted?  I have
> not yet restarted
> the server, so it may still have the data in memory (or still have open
> file pointers to data
> on disk).
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> --
> Frank Swasey                    | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
> Sr Systems Administrator        | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
> University of Vermont           |    just like everyone else.
>  "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

> type
> this
> list. You can access the archives at

Venkat Tudi