Networker

Re: [Networker] backup of share point server

2010-03-23 14:20:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup of share point server
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:12:23 +0000
With a sql agent you don't backup everything of your sharepoint installation.
The only correct thing to do from a networker point of view is to use nmm.

Correct, nmm is far from perfect and difficult to set up BUT nmm is the future
... it's the module used from now to backup things like sharepoint, sqlserver
and outlook so you will need to learn it one time or the other. Sooner you
start, better it is no ?

There will be no coming back : the old modules are not developed anymore.

> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:53:49 -0400
> From: DRyan AT MEDPLUS DOT COM
> Subject: Re: [Networker] backup of share point server
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
> I believe the correct method for the later version of SharePoint (2007) is to
> use Networker Module for Microsoft Applications (NMM).   We investigated it
> at our company but found that other tools exist that do a better job of
> granular recovery that required less headaches than NMM could do.   Plus, the
> other tools out provided more admin and maintenance features than just
> backup/restore for recovery.  Also, at the time when we looked at it, NMM
> didn't seem to be very stable and there was very little documentation other
> than the admin guide (which I thought was very weak).
>
> Dan Ryan
>
> Please think about resource conservation before you print this message

Windows 7: Régardez la TV à partir de votre PC!
http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-BE/windows7/products/home?os=win7