Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading from 7.4.5 to 7.52

2010-03-23 09:33:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading from 7.4.5 to 7.52
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:31:23 -0400
"Browning, David" <DBrown AT lsuhsc DOT edu> wrote on 03/23/2010 09:15:07 AM:

> You have to have "support" for the upgrade.   As long as you have a
> valid support contract, or bought your license in the past year, with 1
> year support, you will be covered.   Otherwise, you won't be covered for
> this upgrade.

We have support, AFAIK. (I don't renew the contracts). I know I can call
for support, and they'll help me. I just used it last week, to transfer
one server to another, without losing history.

> The only way I know of to "authorize" an upgrade enabler, is to email
> licensing AT emc DOT com.   I wish you could do it online.

Figures. :-) OK, I will do that. I will have a server, and 9 storage nodes
to upgrade to 7.5.2. But I should only need one authorize code, for the
server.