Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovering files from Windows to Unix?

2010-03-21 21:04:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovering files from Windows to Unix?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:02:03 +1100
Hi George,

On 22/03/2010, at 11:38 , George Sinclair wrote:

> I can run nsinfo to see what was backed up on a Windows client to our Unix
> primary backup server. Does anyone know if NW will let you recover those
> files to a Unix server, assuming that Unix client has permission to browse
> the Windows client's data?
>
> I'm not trying to recover Registry files or anything weird like that, just
> text files, pdf, etc. I recall that in older versions of NW that if I tried
> this it would not allow me, and I had to recover them to Windows box or maybe
> I'm confusing that with browsing those files from a Unix box?

You can cross-platform browse files, but NetWorker hasn't supported cross
platform recovery since 6.1.x. It was originally there to allow Windows to
recover NetWare data, but over time it's been progressively removed to the
point where now it's just not supported.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise