Networker

[Networker] How to license the new server?

2010-03-19 20:31:11
Subject: [Networker] How to license the new server?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:29:37 -0400
Hi,

We have 7.5.1 server running. Everything was on 45 day enables up to this point. I obtained permanent auth codes yesterday for everything, and I was able to enter those, and now everything has no expiration date, but when I tried to enter the new base enabler it complained that a base enabler is already installed. Obviously, it won't let me enter the real one since it still has the 45-day one still on there. I was hesitant to remove it via nmc.

I spoke with licensing, and they suggested that I use the command:

nsrcap -v -u enablercode

to change it, but they were uncertain about whether or not NW should be running?

1. Should I shut down NW first? Will the command even work in that case?

2. I assume that it will grace the license so I can then enter the auth code?

3. I have a 7.5 update enabler, currently 45-day. I also have the permanent (different) enabler and auth code for the update that licensing just gave me. Should I perform the same procedure to change that?

4. Does it matter whether I do the 7.5 update/auth before or after the base enabler/auth?

Thanks

George

--
George Sinclair