Networker

Re: [Networker] Saveset and NSRCK

2010-03-18 14:11:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Saveset and NSRCK
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:09:22 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Saveset and NSRCK, Hutchison, Jay A said (at...:

Can anyone verify this for me before I start
I have a restore that I need to do in which the saveset is recoverable
but not browsable. The retention time on all savesets is 30 days the
index for this client is from 2/5/2010 if I do   NSRCK -L7 -t 02/06
clientname     will that make the saveset browsable. Thank you in
advance.

Maybe, but probably not.  You don't say what version of NetWorker you're
using, and believe it or not, that's relevant.

EMC changed how nsrck -L7 works, so that additional steps are required
to make the saveset browsable.  This appears to have been done at
NetWorker 7.4.x, though it might have been 7.3.x.

So if you're running 7.2.x or earlier (yikes, you should upgrade), nsrck
-L7 should be all you need to be able to browse again.

If you're running 7.4.x or later, you will very likely need to mess around
with nsrmm.  The steps have been mentioned on the mailing list in the past
couple months, just search the archives for

        -L7

or

        nsrck

and you should turn up a thread that describes what is needed.  I posted
in the thread a once or twice, and there's an LGTsc from 7.6.x release
notes mentioned that gives the steps as well.

Tim
edu