Networker

[Networker] Networker + Data Domain Replication = DR Solution ??

2010-03-16 21:31:49
Subject: [Networker] Networker + Data Domain Replication = DR Solution ??
From: SMarie <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:24:39 -0400
We currently have Networker v7.4.4 backing up our Tier1 servers to Data Domain
adv_file devices.  That works great...but here's the trickier part I need help
with.  We have the Data Domain device replicating the backed up device data to
a Data Domain offsite.  Now I need to figure out a way to make a restore
seemless.  I have been unable to do that.  You have to copy over indexes and
scan in the device.  LONG PROCESS.  They want a process that allows up to
automatically run restores on the systems in the DR site with the replicated
Networker data at the DR site.  Any ideas?  I'm open to anything.  Networker
has been a struggle to figure out without adding additional licenses - looks
like we may have to.  Does anyone out there use Networker for their complete DR
solution?  Any information is greatly appreciated.