Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP shared device not releasing tape when other path requesting

2010-03-13 16:59:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP shared device not releasing tape when other path requesting
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:57:39 -0600
I'm pretty sure its the "Idle device timeout" that we set on our jukeboxes
to clear the media out of the drive, and we did this to ensure that the
shared NDMP drives are available as soon as possible.  Specifically I
remember it being the one option that was in minutes not seconds.

I'd give the "Idle device timeout" and see if that helps your situation.

Alec