Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 Power Edition

2010-03-12 10:21:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 Power Edition
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:19:02 -0600
Without changing the requirement of 40 devices you definitely have a
problem.  Can we have more details about why the 40 devices are
necessary?  How much bandwidth do you have at a SAN layer?

Let's say theoretical max speed you'll get on your VTL is a very
generous 120MB/s...  You'd need 10 4gb HBA ports (with all paths
having discreet bandwidth) to drive that.

Using a more typical 50MB/s average you'd need 4 4gb HBA ports worth
of discreet traffic to drive that bandwidth.

In a virtual environment is there much difference between 4 drives
with 1 stream or 1 drive with 4 streams?  And remember in NW adding
and removing drives for standard maintenance from media pools is a
chore with just 20 drives at our site.

Alec

Sent from my mobile device