Networker

Re: [Networker] [Off topic] NetWorker usage survey

2010-03-12 00:36:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Off topic] NetWorker usage survey
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:34:05 +1100
Hi Tim,

On 12/03/2010, at 16:26 , tkimball wrote:

> Was surprised to see that DiskBackup was not on the list of modules in use
> (or at least asking for what tier/size you use).
>
> As a (now former!) AlphaStor user, it would have been interesting to know how
> many use(d) either that, and/or other library management / consolidation
> utilities, such as ACSLS.  I'll admit that this would be slightly skewed as
> the library type may force you to use one of these products (i.e. SL8500
> requires an ACSLS server).

I didn't specifically think of asking about what sort of storage options were
in use in relation to disk backup vs vtl vs ptl, etc., but it's a good point,
it would be interesting to see. I might aim to ask some questions around this
in a month or two; once the results of the survey are in and I've posted a
summary onto the list, if people think it's worthwhile to periodically collate
usage information I'll aim to do a storage options survey in a while as well.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,

Preston.

--