Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2 upgrades...

2010-03-11 06:13:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2 upgrades...
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:11:34 +0200
Eugene Vilensky wrote:
Hi,

So what's the latest word on upgrades from 7.2?  Is 7.6 a viable
option or is 7.4/7.5 more "fully cooked"?  We're not really looking
for features so much as support for the latest client platforms and
stability.  We're not going to be spending much money on upgraded
hardware either, so an in-place upgrade is the most likely.  Thanks in
advance for any opinions/observations.

Ever since we started using DiskBackup, we were unable to get a stable version. Upgrading to 7.2.2 Jumbo 11, 7.3.4, 7.4.3, 7.4.4, 7.4.4.1, 7.4.5, 7.4.5.1 and 7.5.1.7 was always done due to some bug which we needed to fix. I was not happy with any of them. I am about to install 7.5.2 soon, again trying to fix some performance problem we have. I am not going to 7.6 any time soon, unless there is a critical feature I need and even then I will probably be waiting for 7.6.1. So, my bets are on 7.5.2 (but I cannot tell that I know it is stable).

-- Yaron.