Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker client on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

2010-03-11 02:42:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker client on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:39:05 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] NetWorker client on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow...:

Hi Tim,

Sorry for not responding sooner - it's been a fairly busy couple of
weeks for me.

I appreciate the response Preston.  I certainly didn't expect any kind of
a deadline on a response.  ;-)

The experiences you've described below pretty much sum up how NetWorker
and Snow Leopard have 'deteriorated' since I initially had success. I
have to qualify that because it's not technically supported.

Understood.

Unfortunately when you hit the problems you've experienced, it comes
time to reinstall+reboot+reinstall, which usually will resolve the
backup.

Thanks for that info.

I've posted today where I'm currently at as far as common errors on Snow
Leopard - it's at:

http://nsrd.info/blog/2010/03/11/snow-leopard-networker-redux/

I've also raised a question case with EMC to try to pursue official
support. I imagine the best hope will be to aim to get it included in
say, 7.6 SP1.

After not getting any response on the list for a couple of days, I opened
a call too.  My call # is 33640358.  I've been told that Snow Leopard
won't be supported until 7.6.1.  I've also essentially been told that I
can't have early access to 7.6.1 because that release is mainly about
Avamar integration, and if we're not an Avamar customer we're not going to
get it before it's released.  Support is hinting it's probably going to be
3-4 months before 7.6.1 is available.  Jeanette from support has been
great to work with, but I can't deny that I'm disappointed that we can't
get early access to 7.6.1 just because we're not the target demographic
that product management is looking for on this particular release.

If you find out any additional details about support for Snow Leopard,
please keep the list informed.  Otherwise, we're going to be "patiently"
waiting for 7.6.1.

Thanks,

Tim
edu