Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker client on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

2010-03-10 21:17:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker client on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:15:32 +1100
Hi Tim,

Sorry for not responding sooner - it's been a fairly busy couple of weeks for
me.

The experiences you've described below pretty much sum up how NetWorker and
Snow Leopard have 'deteriorated' since I initially had success. I have to
qualify that because it's not technically supported.

Unfortunately when you hit the problems you've experienced, it comes time to
reinstall+reboot+reinstall, which usually will resolve the backup.

I've posted today where I'm currently at as far as common errors on Snow
Leopard - it's at:

http://nsrd.info/blog/2010/03/11/snow-leopard-networker-redux/

I've also raised a question case with EMC to try to pursue official support. I
imagine the best hope will be to aim to get it included in say, 7.6 SP1.

Cheers,

Preston.

Preston de Guise

http://nsrd.info/blog                           NetWorker Blog