Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up Win2008 R2 using NW 7.4.5?

2010-03-09 08:55:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up Win2008 R2 using NW 7.4.5?
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:53:04 -0500
I think he is saying to change the service account on the target R2
server to run nsrexecd service as a different user, however, my testing
last week of a full backup and recover of an R2 server (in a 2003 domain
I should add) gave me the same error using a Domain account from the NW
side - I ended up just using the R2 server's local administrator account
in the NW client config instead, and that took care of it, was able to
do a full backup and recover etc - (We do not change service account
users unless we have to - it's come back to haunt us too many times, but
that's just us).

Thanks - hth,

jamie

You can access the