Networker

Re: [Networker] Why is scanner so slow?

2010-03-01 14:52:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why is scanner so slow?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:51:14 -0600
> Tim Mooney
>
> I've been told by EMC support that it is faster to use scanner -m
followed
> by nsrck -L7 (if the index saveset becomes available as a result of the
> scanner -m) than it is to use scanner -i.  I've never timed it, so I
can't
> vouch for the accuracy of that information.

FWIW, I used that procedure just the other day to resurrect one expired
SSID and it worked fine. I've also used scanner -i many times in the past,
but the backups were not comparable so I can't comment on relative speed.
Overall, the scanner -m / nsrck -L7 took a bit less actual "rolling tape"
time, but then again I was scanning only a single saveset (+index) and not
the whole tape as with the scanner -i.

??
The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else
copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please delete the message
and immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.