Networker

[Networker] Monitor running jobs over a time limit

2010-02-10 00:14:32
Subject: [Networker] Monitor running jobs over a time limit
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:09:12 -0600
Hey all... got tired of having to wait for the "checklist" to tell me if
there were NetWorker problems...

I've uploaded a script at http://pastebin.com/f4c684165, that will e-mail
your blackberry with any jobs running over a certain limit.  This should
work with most UNIX/Linux setups, just put a cron entry in...  For Windows
you may have to create a tempfile for nsradmin, but it should work
similarly...  (You'll have to get the output into an e-mail system)...

For me I just pipe it to mailx from cron...
/usr/local/bin/networker_status.pl | mailx -t > /dev/null

Enjoy.