Networker

[Networker] How to recover Networker 7.4.4 index on 7.2

2010-02-04 23:29:49
Subject: [Networker] How to recover Networker 7.4.4 index on 7.2
From: horpek <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:55:25 -0500
Hi all,

We recently upgraded our NW to 7.4.4 while the DR site still on 7.2.  We do a
tar of /nsr/res, /nsr/mm and /nsr/index and ftp to DR server daily.  By the
way, we tar the directories while NW is running.

On DR server, we then stop the NW, untar the file and moved the /nsr/index and
/nsr/mm to replace the original files.  But we fail to bring it up.  It is
showing some mmdb error and shutdown the nsrmmdbd down.

Is that possbile to recovery the NW7.4.4 index/mm to 7.2?  Is so, is there
something wrong with the current recovery process?  Appreciate if anyone can
help here.  Thanks!!

rgds~horpek