Networker

[Networker] Networker Client Authentication Tru64 Unix

2010-02-04 10:27:20
Subject: [Networker] Networker Client Authentication Tru64 Unix
From: _richard_ <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:25:02 -0500
Hi Craig,
hi Tim,

i followed your kind advice but it´s still not working.

Let us assume this:

Client1:

Hostname -> frankfurt

/etc/hosts:

10.198.15.10     frankfurt
10.198.20.20     frankfurtbackup
10.198.20.1       legato  legatobackup  nsrhost

/usr/var/nsr/res/servers:

legatobackup

Client2:

Hostname -> frankfurt

/etc/hosts:

10.198.15.10   frankfurt
10.198.20.30   frankfurtbackup2
10.198.20.1     legato  legatobackup  nsrhost

/usr/var/nsr/res/servers:

legatobackup

Networker-Server:

Hostname -> legato

/etc/hosts:

10.200.200.1   legato
10.198.20.1     legatobackup
10.198.20.20   frankfurtbackup
10.198.20.30   frankfurtbackup2

Clients configured as frankfurtbackup and frankfurtbackup2.

I am able to backup frankfurtbackup, but when i try to backup frankfurtbackup2,
networker pops up with a rap error, that user root on frankfurtbackup2 has no
remote access privileges to frankfurtbackup. If i give him the privileges he
backs up the files of frankfurtbackup even though i started frankfurtbackup2.
It seems like that frankfurtbackup2 returns his primary nic name (frankfurt) to
legato?? If i give frankfurtbackup2 temporarily another primary hostname with
"rcmgr set hostname frankfurtbackup2" it works.

Absolutely desperate... :-(

No experimenting in the client configuration with aliases or server
networkinterface helpes.