Networker

[Networker] aes asm not working (manaul backup)

2010-02-03 01:19:56
Subject: [Networker] aes asm not working (manaul backup)
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 01:19:32 -0500
All involved systems are solaris 10 Sparc.  Server is 7.4.4 EBS, client is
7.4.1 EBS IIRC (at least 7.4).

I need to enable Client Encryption on one of our manual backups (run from save
cmd on client).  After some trial and error (and an incorrect manpage on asm
names *sigh*) I see a test backup of /etc, from save command, using the aes asm
on the client.

However, a recovery test on another system does not ask you for the passphrase
(which I set in the Server Config under NMC).  I'm using the recover command
instead of nwrecover for testing.

So, is this actually using Encryption or not?  Do Encrypted backups use the
server passphrase when running manually?  I don't care either way as long as I
can assure the client its encrypted - default passphrase will suffice for now.

The directive (placed in /etc for the test) is straightforward:

+aes: *

So uncertain what's wrong at this point.  I should have a Sun case rolling
tonight, but for non-critical stuff help from the list tends to be quicker.  :)

Thanks,
--TSK