Networker

Re: [Networker] Implementing a standby NetWorker Server

2010-01-15 10:09:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Implementing a standby NetWorker Server
From: John Hope-Bailie <johnhb AT DEMANDDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:04:35 +0200
HI Venkat,

I assume the 2 servers have different hostnames.

1)       After a failover to server2, how do you handle that the clients
can be backed up by a NW server of a different hostname (both server1
and server2  in every clients servers file ?)

2)      I was of the opinion that the MM folder data and the INDEX data
were  somehow linked to the hostname of the NW server, and that if you
copied it across to another NW server, it would not work.  Obviously,
this is not what happened in your case.  What version(s) of NW did do
use ?

regards

John Hope-Bailie