Networker

Re: [Networker] Server is disabled update enabler required, why? (SOLVED)

2010-01-07 08:42:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Server is disabled update enabler required, why? (SOLVED)
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:40:22 +0100
Hi again,

I've solved the problem (well, I hope no other problem related to the migration appear in the future ;-)

I've used 'nsradmin' for deleting all the licenses and I've entered the new ones generated in PowerLink after the host transfer.

Here is the doc I've used:

Method for removing a base enabler
https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg61930

Other interesting doc:

Resolving issues after upgrading Networker
https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg69189

How to move a NetWorker 6.x or 7.x Server on Windows to a system with the same hostname
https://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg64363

Many thanks to everyone.

See you.

Manel Rodero wrote:
:-(

I've used Powerlink for execute a host transfer. After getting the new authcodes for my enablers in the new host id, I've tried to update my licenses under 'Registrations' in NetWorker Administration without luck.

I can't change the auth code and I get the following error:

"Resource is corrupt. Re-retrieve it and re-attempt the update"

I get this error for all licenses.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Manel Rodero wrote:
Hello,

Thanks to all. When I was following the procedure for migrating to new hardware I had some notes about asking EMC for codes that matches the new host id.

But, after doing the recovery with 'mmrecov' and seeing that all licenses are authorized I've supposed that I didn't this change for host id.

I'm right now login into PowerLink for having the host transfer.

Thanks.

Punitsingh Suryawanshi wrote:
Hello!

Networker licenses in Windows is binded to the MAC address, if the MAC
address has changed you need to get in touch with EMC Licensing.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,
-Punit