Networker

[Networker] ADIC Scalar 24 Cleaning slots

2009-12-21 04:18:50
Subject: [Networker] ADIC Scalar 24 Cleaning slots
From: pereubu <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 04:17:57 -0500
1. ADIC Scalar 24 manual configuration. Slot 22 i 23 contains  cleaning
cartiges. I could not move them to the slots 0-21. I could change slot 21 to be
to cleaning slot, but still there is no way to move cleaning tape to slot 21
from let say slot 22. Nonetheless, I could  perform cleaning manually.

2. I have already read about command nsrjb, but at this instance I am using
GUI. "Device"-Select "Library" then "Properties"-"General"-"Cleaning" and then
"Cleaning Slots" to select range for the slots set aside for cleaning cartridge
in the jukebox when "auto clean" is set to "Yes". The problem is that I could
only set cleaning slots from 0-21, no  22 neither 23. That might be in some
connection with how Networker 7.4 talks to ADIC Scalar 24 jukebox, I guess?

I do not have 3 cleaning cartages, to see whether the third cleaning cartages
would be able to move in to slot 21 or not.