Networker

[Networker] Too Many Open Files

2009-12-01 09:09:36
Subject: [Networker] Too Many Open Files
From: opopanax <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:08:30 -0500
Try this:

1. Create a new group called Index.
2. Goto "Clients". and open the Properties for a client.
3. In the "Group" list, mark "Index" as well.
4. Repeat for all clients or whichever clients you require index backup of.
5. Create a media pool called Index. If you already have this, well and good.
6. Open properties for that Index pool. In Data Source, select the groups for
which you require index backup. goto "Selection Criteria" tab, and enter the
following:

bootstrap

7. Select the relevant tape drives and click OK.
8. Label media with the name Index in your tape library.
9. create a script with the following entry:

savegrp -O -l Full Index

10. u can now put the script in cron at your desired time.

I'm on windows and this works perfectly for me. try it and see.

opopanax.