Networker

Re: [Networker] New library/tapes/server and device/media errors

2009-11-26 19:39:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] New library/tapes/server and device/media errors
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:36:59 +1100
My thoughts exactly....

Run an sjisn on the robotics controller scsi address, then use the
serial numbers and match them to the drives from an inquire to verify
the order..

i.e.  from below, i can see that the serial number order from the
jukebox compared to the inquire means that the Networker Jukebox would
be
Drive1:   \\.\Tape1
Drive2: \\.\Tape0

sjisn 1.2.3

        Library:
                Serial Number: ADIC203101148_LL2
                SCSI-3 Device Identifiers:
                        ATNN=ADIC    203101148_LL2
        Drive at element address 256:
                SCSI-3 Device Identifiers:
                        ATNN=IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     1210307941
        Drive at element address 257:
                SCSI-3 Device Identifiers:
                        ATNN=IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     1210313204

inquire

[email protected]:ADIC    Scalar i2000    540A|Autochanger (Jukebox),
/dev/sg9
                                           S/N: ADIC203101148_LL2
                                           ATNN=ADIC    203101148_LL2

[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6B20|Tape, \\.\Tape0
                                           S/N: 1210313204
                                           ATNN=IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3
1210313204
                                           WWNN=500308C001868169
                                           WWPN=500308C00186816A
                                           PORT=00000001
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     6B20|Tape, \\.\Tape1
                                           S/N: 1210307941
                                           ATNN=IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3
1210307941
                                           WWNN=500308C00186816F