Networker

Re: [Networker] Unable to restore index (help !)

2009-11-24 15:28:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unable to restore index (help !)
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:20:51 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Unable to restore index (help !), Marc Couture...:

I am using 7.4.4 Networker version. I am unable to restore index for all
client after the "browse" period.

I change the saveset from "recoverable" to "browsable" with the nsrmm
command without problem.

When I restore the index with the command nsrck -t date -L7 client_name
I have many error like this one:

32222:uasm: Some file attributes were not recovered:
K:\client.ulaval.ca\db6\tmprecov\K\client.ulaval.ca\db6\49fa000

... and I can browse this index.

Hi Marc!

After I upgraded to NetWorker 7.4.x, we discovered that nsrck -L7 no
longer worked for us for any of our clients.  We get a different error
message than you do (our NetWorker server is on Linux, that might be why
the error is different, or it might be that you're experiencing a
different problem). I've had a support call open with EMC since May and
I had a previous support call about the same issue open before that.

EMC support has unfortunately been of little or no help on this issue.  I
haven't even been able to get them to acknowledge that nsrck -L7 not
working is a problem.  Their response has been that I should use scanner.

However, last Friday, EMC released the documentation and binaries for
NetWorker 7.6.  If you read the release notes for NetWorker 7.6, in the
section for "Known issues" with 7.5.x, there's mention of the exact
problem we're seeing with nsrck -L7.  It's clear to me that the problem
impacts 7.4.x too.

There is a procedure in the release notes that they recommend, that
they've indicated should allow nsrck -L7 to work.  Take a look at the
document and try that procedure.  Hopefully that will help you out.
I haven't tried the procedure yet, but I plan to some time after the
upcoming U.S. Thanksgiving holiday.

Tim
edu